Here is where I placed/hid Suicide By Everest Sweepstakes Book #1:
This is a picture of the Highland High School H that sits about a mile above my home in Sugar House. I chose this location to to put the first book in Suicide By Everest Sweepstakes. It’s a bit difficult to get to, but easy to find. In fact, I put it up there at around noon on July 23, 2021 and it may have already been found.
Wikipedia tells us that Highland High School is a high school in Salt Lake City, in the U.S. state of Utah, that opened in 1956 and has a student body of 1,546. It is located at 2166 South 1700 East, next to Sugar House Park, and is part of the Salt Lake City School District.
So what’s the connection to Suicide By Everest? In the Chapter entitled “The Prophet”, Chapter 4, 2nd paragraph, Brigham Young VII is introduced:
“Charismatic, confident, and hyper-aware of his status in the community, Brigham Young VII was born to be a leader. In high school, he had been an all-star, all-state quarterback for the Highland Huskies, and accepted a full ride scholarship to the University which bears his name.”
Famous Highland High School Alumni include:
- Jon M. Huntsman, Jr. – former Governor of Utah and 2012 Republican presidential candidate
- Jeff Judkins – former NBA player for Boston Celtics, Portland Trail Blazers, Utah Jazz, and Detroit Pistons; current head coach for women’s basketball at BYU
- Haloti Ngata – former NFL All-Pro defensive tackle
- Logan Tom – Olympic indoor volleyball and professional beach volleyball player
- Sharon Lee Anderson – Former President of the Society of Decorative Painters and this blogger’s mother
- Brigham Young VII – Former Quarterback for the BYU Cougars, Governor of Utah, and President and CEO of Brigham Young International
Who’s going to Everest with me?