Authors on Twitter seem to be an engaged and loyal group.
I’ve been tweeting for years now, under many different handles, but my tweeting has been very sporadic. Today, I have two Twitter accounts that I am actively using; one for my day job, and one for my writing (@ScottJThurman). As I’ve started using Twitter more, I’ve noticed that the more engaged you are, the faster your “followers” grow, and you actually start forming friendships, and having interesting conversations! Maybe even a nemesis or two.
I’ve also noticed how eager the author twitter community is to help and support each other. I’ve already bought several books, that I wouldn’t have otherwise, just because the author and I shared a few “likes” on Twitter. Hence, I am proposing a “You Buy My Book and I’ll Buy Yours” program, which is a list of people that will buy your book, on the assumption that you will buy theirs. It’s an honor system, at least until I can figure out how to correlate sales to participation. 🙂
Here are the rules:
- Join the list. I’ve started a list on my Twitter Account (@ScottJThurman) called “Buy My Book”. You are welcome to subscribe.
- Follow all of the Authors on the list and watch for their book promotions. My book, Suicide By Everest comes out on Amazon on October 28th!
- Buy a book, and let the author know that you bought it, and provide a link to the book you would like them to buy in return.
- Preference should be given to an author that just published. According to Amazon, those first few days are critical for future sales. As well as…
- Review: Give an honest review of the book. I plan on blogging about the books I read, and I will always give my honest review.
If you are interested in joining let me know. If you have a book you want me to buy and review let me know. If you have any ideas on the program itself, please comment, I am interested in hearing from you.